Preference file *.tmp could not be opened

Preference file *.tmp could not be opened

Krzs

Hi List,
i can't login to my squirrelmail installation due to this error:

> Preference file,
> /var/local/squirrelmail/data/[hidden email], could not be
> opened. Contact your system administrator to resolve this issue.

this file extension *.tmp doesn't exist, i show you the
squirrelmail/data content and permissions:

> ~ # ls -la /var/local/squirrelmail/data/ total 20K drwxr-sr-x 3
> www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 21 01:52 . drwxr-sr-x 4 www-data
> www-data 4.0K Nov 19 13:13 .. -rw------- 1 www-data www-data    0
> Nov 21 01:02 [hidden email] drwx--S--T 2 www-data www-data
> 4.0K Nov 21 01:46 [hidden email] -rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data
> www-data  604 Nov 21 01:52 [hidden email] -rw------- 1 www-data
> www-data   36 Nov 21 00:41 .pref

Do you have any suggestions ?
Lots of regards

Gab

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Preference file *.tmp could not be opened

Paul Lesniewski
On 1/14/15, Krzs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi List,
> i can't login to my squirrelmail installation due to this error:
>
>> Preference file,
>> /var/local/squirrelmail/data/[hidden email], could not be
>> opened. Contact your system administrator to resolve this issue.
>
> this file extension *.tmp doesn't exist, i show you the
> squirrelmail/data content and permissions:
>
>> ~ # ls -la /var/local/squirrelmail/data/ total 20K drwxr-sr-x 3
>> www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 21 01:52 . drwxr-sr-x 4 www-data
>> www-data 4.0K Nov 19 13:13 .. -rw------- 1 www-data www-data    0
>> Nov 21 01:02 [hidden email] drwx--S--T 2 www-data www-data
>> 4.0K Nov 21 01:46 [hidden email] -rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data
>> www-data  604 Nov 21 01:52 [hidden email] -rw------- 1 www-data
>> www-data   36 Nov 21 00:41 .pref

Try not munging carriage returns.  Check the parent directories to
make sure they allow the web server to get to this directory.  Try to
remember what you changed.  If it was working before, you changed
permissions on something.  Maybe the web server runs under a different
username now.  Who knows....

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user