PHP7 support in a release?

Nish Aravamudan
Hello!

I'm doing the migration to PHP7.0 for Ubuntu 16.04; we're
going to be dropping PHP5 support altogether. I'm on the home
stretch here, and am looking at squirrelmail now. We currently
package 1.4.23 from 20120406, but I doubt that version properly
supports PHP7 (or was tested for it). Is there any guidance on if
squirrelmail does support PHP7, and if so, what version?

-Nish

Re: PHP7 support in a release?

Paul Lesniewski
On 4/4/16, Nish Aravamudan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm doing the migration to PHP7.0 for Ubuntu 16.04; we're
> going to be dropping PHP5 support altogether. I'm on the home
> stretch here, and am looking at squirrelmail now. We currently
> package 1.4.23 from 20120406, but I doubt that version properly
> supports PHP7 (or was tested for it). Is there any guidance on if
> squirrelmail does support PHP7, and if so, what version?

We haven't yet had the time to work on PHP7 compatibility.  It's
certainly planned for, but if you have some extra time I can borrow,
that'd be great!

Sorry!

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel

Re: PHP7 support in a release?

m0ps
Hello Nish!
So, have you any success?

Re: PHP7 support in a release?

On 2016年04月04日 10:17, Nish Aravamudan wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm doing the migration to PHP7.0 for Ubuntu 16.04; we're
> going to be dropping PHP5 support altogether. I'm on the home
> stretch here, and am looking at squirrelmail now. We currently
> package 1.4.23 from 20120406, but I doubt that version properly
> supports PHP7 (or was tested for it). Is there any guidance on if
> squirrelmail does support PHP7, and if so, what version?

Turns out you should have just pulled a more recent version of 1.4.23
and it would have worked; I just had not been able to test it against
PHP 7 at the time you emailed.  If you need to know what date PHP
7-compatibility was achieved, I suppose I can try to go look, but I'd
simply suggest going with the newest snapshot, since I just added PDO
support so that PEAR DB is no longer required for those who store their
user prefs or contacts in a database.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel