Notify New Mail Popup

Terry
Hi we had to supply a new server with PHP 5.4.30 but our customers were
losing lines of text in there emails.
We upgraded to the latest snapshot which fixed it but now there Notify
New Mail Popup no longer works. I see it was written in 2003 so fair
enough but does any one use any thing else ?
This server is just used on a lan for reading and sending emails
Thanks

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Notify New Mail Popup

Paul Lesniewski
On 7/22/14, Terry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi we had to supply a new server with PHP 5.4.30 but our customers were
> losing lines of text in there emails.
> We upgraded to the latest snapshot which fixed it but now there Notify
> New Mail Popup no longer works. I see it was written in 2003 so fair

The code necessary for creating a popup window hasn't changed in just
as long, so there's nothing broken about it (yes, I tested to make
sure).  Most likely you have a browser that is blocking them.

> enough but does any one use any thing else ?
> This server is just used on a lan for reading and sending emails

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Notify New Mail Popup

Terry
> The code necessary for creating a popup window hasn't changed in just
> as long, so there's nothing broken about it (yes, I tested to make
> sure).  Most likely you have a browser that is blocking them.
The plugin activates fine

Data saved in config.php

Activating plugin "notify"...
    registering on hook "left_main_after"
    registering on hook "options_display_inside"
    registering on hook "loading_prefs"
    registering on hook "options_display_save"

Done activating plugins; registration data saved in plugin_hooks.php

but is not viewable on the web interface. Nothing has changed on any
clients and it was working before I used the latest snapshot.

--
------------------------------------
Terry

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Notify New Mail Popup

Paul Lesniewski
On 7/23/14, Terry <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> The code necessary for creating a popup window hasn't changed in just
>> as long, so there's nothing broken about it (yes, I tested to make
>> sure).  Most likely you have a browser that is blocking them.
> The plugin activates fine
>
> Data saved in config.php
>

> Activating plugin "notify"...
>     registering on hook "left_main_after"
>     registering on hook "options_display_inside"
>     registering on hook "loading_prefs"
>     registering on hook "options_display_save"
>
> Done activating plugins; registration data saved in plugin_hooks.php

First, please make sure to provide everything listed in the mailing
list posting guidelines.  I assumed 1.4.x, but this is 1.5.2.  You
should also provide all other information requested such as how/when
you installed, what changes you've made, etc.

> but is not viewable on the web interface. Nothing has changed on any
> clients and it was working before I used the latest snapshot.

The above capture you provided is incomplete.  If that's all you have,
you must have an old download/snapshot.  This is how the plugin is
fully registered:

Activating plugin "newmail"...
   registering on hook "folder_status"
   registering on hook "template_construct_left_main.tpl"
   registering on hook "optpage_register_block"
   registering on hook "options_save"
   registering on hook "loading_prefs"
   registering on hook "optpage_set_loadinfo"

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user