Non-english characters in subject

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
I have a SquirrelMail 1.4.20 that, when arrive messages with some
international character in the subject, but the subject is not formated
with something like "=?windows-1252?Q?" or "=?ISO-8859-1?B?", folder
view is not shown.

I can enter to mailbox, and be waiting for large minutes while inbox
list is coming. Later, only header and few messages are listed, until
the "bad-subject" one.

It works right with messages with character set notation
(iso/windows/..), but other messages with non-english characters in the
subject makes SquirrelMail to fail on listing folder content.

Some solution?
Thanks.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Tomas Kuliavas
Actiu informatica wrote
I have a SquirrelMail 1.4.20 that, when arrive messages with some
international character in the subject, but the subject is not formated
with something like "=?windows-1252?Q?" or "=?ISO-8859-1?B?", folder
view is not shown.

I can enter to mailbox, and be waiting for large minutes while inbox
list is coming. Later, only header and few messages are listed, until
the "bad-subject" one.

It works right with messages with character set notation
(iso/windows/..), but other messages with non-english characters in the
subject makes SquirrelMail to fail on listing folder content.

Some solution?
Could you tell your PHP version, local PHP mbstring extension settings for SquirrelMail, translation used by user, default SquirrelMail charset, name and version of used IMAP server?

Could you show headers of broken emails? Not just "=?windows-1252?Q?" part. Whole subject header.

Could you check webserver error logs.

Re: Non-english characters in subject

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a SquirrelMail 1.4.20 that, when arrive messages with some
> international character in the subject, but the subject is not formated
> with something like "=?windows-1252?Q?" or "=?ISO-8859-1?B?", folder
> view is not shown.
>
> I can enter to mailbox, and be waiting for large minutes while inbox
> list is coming. Later, only header and few messages are listed, until
> the "bad-subject" one.
>
> It works right with messages with character set notation
> (iso/windows/..), but other messages with non-english characters in the
> subject makes SquirrelMail to fail on listing folder content.

Please update to the most recent version of SquirrelMail before proceeding.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
- Dovecot 1.2.9
- SquirrelMail 1.4.20
- PHP 5.3.2
- Translations used by users: french, spanish, english.
- local PHP mbstring extension settings for SquirrelMail: How to see?

I see the latest stable package available is SquirrelMail 1.4.21 , and
I'm using the v1.4.20 packaged in Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04
If I manually install the 1.4.21 version, I suppose that I will not
receive security/other updates from repositories.

Can I see somewhere the changelog from 1.4.20 to 1.4.21 ?
Thanks.

Al 13/03/11 22:08, En/na Tomas Kuliavas ha escrit:

> Actiu informatica wrote:
>>
>> I have a SquirrelMail 1.4.20 that, when arrive messages with some
>> international character in the subject, but the subject is not formated
>> with something like "=?windows-1252?Q?" or "=?ISO-8859-1?B?", folder
>> view is not shown.
>>
>> I can enter to mailbox, and be waiting for large minutes while inbox
>> list is coming. Later, only header and few messages are listed, until
>> the "bad-subject" one.
>>
>> It works right with messages with character set notation
>> (iso/windows/..), but other messages with non-english characters in the
>> subject makes SquirrelMail to fail on listing folder content.
>>
>> Some solution?
>>
> Could you tell your PHP version, local PHP mbstring extension settings for
> SquirrelMail, translation used by user, default SquirrelMail charset, name
> and version of used IMAP server?
>
> Could you show headers of broken emails? Not just "=?windows-1252?Q?" part.
> Whole subject header.
>
> Could you check webserver error logs.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Tomas Kuliavas
Actiu informatica wrote
- Dovecot 1.2.9
- SquirrelMail 1.4.20
- PHP 5.3.2
- Translations used by users: french, spanish, english.
- local PHP mbstring extension settings for SquirrelMail: How to see?
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings
Actiu informatica wrote
Can I see somewhere the changelog from 1.4.20 to 1.4.21 ?
http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/tags/rel-1_4_21/doc/ChangeLog?revision=13975&view=markup

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG

PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7

System Linux **** 2.6.32.25-openvz-pae #1 SMP Wed Nov 3 15:54:37 MSK 2010 i686
Build Date Jan 12 2011 18:24:23
Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /etc/php5/apache2
Loaded Configuration File /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
Scan this dir for additional .ini files /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d
Additional .ini files parsed /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/pdo.ini, /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/recode.ini
PHP API 20090626
PHP Extension 20090626
Zend Extension 220090626
Zend Extension Build API220090626,NTS
PHP Extension Build API20090626,NTS
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Zend Memory Manager enabled
Zend Multibyte Support disabled
IPv6 Support enabled
Registered PHP Streams https, ftps, compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
Registered Stream Filters zlib.*, bzip2.*, convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

This server is protected with the Suhosin Patch 0.9.9.1
Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Hardened-PHP Project Copyright (c) 2007-2009 SektionEins GmbH

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

PHP Credits

Configuration

apache2handler

Apache Version Apache
Apache API Version 20051115
Server Administrator [no address given]
Hostname:Port default:80
User/Group www-data(33)/33
Max Requests Per Child: 0 - Keep Alive: on - Max Per Connection: 100
Timeouts Connection: 300 - Keep-Alive: 15
Virtual Server Yes
Server Root /etc/apache2
Loaded Modules core mod_log_config mod_logio prefork http_core mod_so mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_file mod_authz_default mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_deflate mod_dir mod_env mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_php5 mod_reqtimeout mod_rpaf mod_setenvif mod_status

Directive Local Value Master Value
engine 1 1
last_modified 0 0
xbithack 0 0

Apache Environment

Variable Value
HTTP_USER_AGENT Wget/1.12 (linux-gnu)
HTTP_ACCEPT */*
HTTP_HOST localhost
HTTP_CONNECTION Keep-Alive
PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
SERVER_SIGNATURE no value
SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache
SERVER_NAME localhost
SERVER_ADDR 127.0.0.1
SERVER_PORT 80
REMOTE_ADDR 127.0.0.1
DOCUMENT_ROOT /usr/share/squirrelmail
SERVER_ADMIN [no address given]
SCRIPT_FILENAME /usr/share/squirrelmail/test.php
REMOTE_PORT 57634
GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL HTTP/1.0
REQUEST_METHOD GET
QUERY_STRING no value
REQUEST_URI /test.php
SCRIPT_NAME /test.php

HTTP Headers Information

HTTP Request Headers
HTTP Request GET /test.php HTTP/1.0
User-Agent Wget/1.12 (linux-gnu)
Accept */*
Host localhost
Connection Keep-Alive
HTTP Response Headers
X-Powered-By PHP/5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7
Vary Accept-Encoding
Connection close
Content-Type text/html

bcmath

BCMath support enabled

Directive Local Value Master Value
bcmath.scale 0 0

bz2

BZip2 Support Enabled
Stream Wrapper support compress.bz2://
Stream Filter support bzip2.decompress, bzip2.compress
BZip2 Version 1.0.5, 10-Dec-2007

calendar

Calendar support enabled

Core

PHP Version 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7

Directive Local Value Master Value
allow_call_time_pass_reference Off Off
allow_url_fopen On On
allow_url_include Off Off
always_populate_raw_post_data Off Off
arg_separator.input & &
arg_separator.output & &
asp_tags Off Off
auto_append_file no value no value
auto_globals_jit On On
auto_prepend_file no value no value
browscap no value no value
default_charset no value no value
default_mimetype text/html text/html
define_syslog_variables Off Off
disable_classes no value no value
disable_functions no value no value
display_errors Off Off
display_startup_errors Off Off
doc_root no value no value
docref_ext no value no value
docref_root no value no value
enable_dl Off Off
error_append_string no value no value
error_log no value no value
error_prepend_string no value no value
error_reporting 22527 22527
exit_on_timeout Off Off
expose_php On On
extension_dir /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs
file_uploads On On
highlight.bg #FFFFFF #FFFFFF
highlight.comment #FF8000 #FF8000
highlight.default #0000BB #0000BB
highlight.html #000000 #000000
highlight.keyword #007700 #007700
highlight.string #DD0000 #DD0000
html_errors Off Off
ignore_repeated_errors Off Off
ignore_repeated_source Off Off
ignore_user_abort Off Off
implicit_flush Off Off
include_path .:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear .:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear
log_errors On On
log_errors_max_len 1024 1024
magic_quotes_gpc Off Off
magic_quotes_runtime Off Off
magic_quotes_sybase Off Off
mail.add_x_header On On
mail.force_extra_parameters no value no value
mail.log no value no value
max_execution_time 30 30
max_file_uploads 20 20
max_input_nesting_level 64 64
max_input_time 60 60
memory_limit 128M 128M
open_basedir no value no value
output_buffering 4096 4096
output_handler no value no value
post_max_size 8M 8M
precision 14 14
realpath_cache_size 16K 16K
realpath_cache_ttl 120 120
register_argc_argv Off Off
register_globals Off Off
register_long_arrays Off Off
report_memleaks On On
report_zend_debug On On
request_order GP GP
safe_mode Off Off
safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value
safe_mode_gid Off Off
safe_mode_include_dir no value no value
sendmail_from no value no value
sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i  /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
serialize_precision 100 100
short_open_tag On On
SMTP localhost localhost
smtp_port 25 25
sql.safe_mode Off Off
track_errors Off Off
unserialize_callback_func no value no value
upload_max_filesize 2M 2M
upload_tmp_dir no value no value
user_dir no value no value
user_ini.cache_ttl 300 300
user_ini.filename .user.ini .user.ini
variables_order GPCS GPCS
xmlrpc_error_number 0 0
xmlrpc_errors Off Off
y2k_compliance On On
zend.enable_gc On On

ctype

ctype functions enabled

date

date/time support enabled
"Olson" Timezone Database Version 0.system
Timezone Database internal
Default timezone Europe/Berlin

Directive Local Value Master Value
date.default_latitude **** ****
date.default_longitude **** ****
date.sunrise_zenith **** ****
date.sunset_zenith **** ****
date.timezone no value no value

dba

DBA support enabled
Supported handlers cdb cdb_make db4 inifile flatfile

Directive Local Value Master Value
dba.default_handler flatfile flatfile

dom

DOM/XML enabled
DOM/XML API Version 20031129
libxml Version 2.7.6
HTML Support enabled
XPath Support enabled
XPointer Support enabled
Schema Support enabled
RelaxNG Support enabled

ereg

Regex Library Bundled library enabled

exif

EXIF Support enabled
EXIF Version 1.4 $Id: exif.c 293036 2010-01-03 09:23:27Z sebastian $
Supported EXIF Version 0220
Supported filetypes JPEG,TIFF

Directive Local Value Master Value
exif.decode_jis_intel JIS JIS
exif.decode_jis_motorola JIS JIS
exif.decode_unicode_intel UCS-2LE UCS-2LE
exif.decode_unicode_motorola UCS-2BE UCS-2BE
exif.encode_jis no value no value
exif.encode_unicode ISO-8859-15 ISO-8859-15

fileinfo

fileinfo support enabled
version 1.0.5-dev

filter

Input Validation and Filtering enabled
Revision $Revision: 294106 $

Directive Local Value Master Value
filter.default unsafe_raw unsafe_raw
filter.default_flags no value no value

ftp

FTP support enabled

gettext

GetText Support enabled

hash

hash support enabled
Hashing Engines md2 md4 md5 sha1 sha224 sha256 sha384 sha512 ripemd128 ripemd160 ripemd256 ripemd320 whirlpool tiger128,3 tiger160,3 tiger192,3 tiger128,4 tiger160,4 tiger192,4 snefru snefru256 gost adler32 crc32 crc32b salsa10 salsa20 haval128,3 haval160,3 haval192,3 haval224,3 haval256,3 haval128,4 haval160,4 haval192,4 haval224,4 haval256,4 haval128,5 haval160,5 haval192,5 haval224,5 haval256,5

iconv

iconv support enabled
iconv implementation glibc
iconv library version 2.11.1

Directive Local Value Master Value
iconv.input_encoding ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1
iconv.internal_encoding ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1
iconv.output_encoding ISO-8859-1 ISO-8859-1

json

json support enabled
json version 1.2.1

libxml

libXML support active
libXML Compiled Version 2.7.6
libXML Loaded Version 20706
libXML streams enabled

mbstring

Multibyte Support enabled
Multibyte string engine libmbfl
HTTP input encoding translation disabled

mbstring extension makes use of "streamable kanji code filter and converter", which is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1.

Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check On
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 4.7.1

Directive Local Value Master Value
mbstring.detect_order no value no value
mbstring.encoding_translation Off Off
mbstring.func_overload 0 0
mbstring.http_input pass pass
mbstring.http_output pass pass
mbstring.http_output_conv_mimetypes ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml) ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml)
mbstring.internal_encoding no value no value
mbstring.language neutral neutral
mbstring.strict_detection Off Off
mbstring.substitute_character no value no value

mhash

MHASH support Enabled
MHASH API Version Emulated Support

openssl

OpenSSL support enabled
OpenSSL Library Version OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
OpenSSL Header Version OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009

pcre

PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expressions) Support enabled
PCRE Library Version 7.8 2008-09-05

Directive Local Value Master Value
pcre.backtrack_limit 100000 100000
pcre.recursion_limit 100000 100000

PDO

PDO support enabled
PDO drivers no value

Phar

Phar: PHP Archive support enabled
Phar EXT version 2.0.1
Phar API version 1.1.1
SVN revision $Revision: 290435 $
Phar-based phar archives enabled
Tar-based phar archives enabled
ZIP-based phar archives enabled
gzip compression enabled
bzip2 compression enabled
OpenSSL support enabled

Phar based on pear/PHP_Archive, original concept by Davey Shafik.
Phar fully realized by Gregory Beaver and Marcus Boerger.
Portions of tar implementation Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Tim Kientzle.

Directive Local Value Master Value
phar.cache_list no value no value
phar.readonly On On
phar.require_hash On On

posix

Revision $Revision: 293036 $

recode

Recode Support enabled
Revision $Revision: 293036 $

Reflection

Reflection enabled
Version $Revision: 293036 $

session

Session Support enabled
Registered save handlers files user
Registered serializer handlers php php_binary wddx

Directive Local Value Master Value
session.auto_start Off Off
session.bug_compat_42 Off Off
session.bug_compat_warn Off Off
session.cache_expire 180 180
session.cache_limiter nocache nocache
session.cookie_domain no value no value
session.cookie_httponly Off Off
session.cookie_lifetime 0 0
session.cookie_path / /
session.cookie_secure Off Off
session.entropy_file no value no value
session.entropy_length 0 0
session.gc_divisor 1000 1000
session.gc_maxlifetime 1440 1440
session.gc_probability 1 1
session.hash_bits_per_character 5 5
session.hash_function 0 0
session.name PHPSESSID PHPSESSID
session.referer_check no value no value
session.save_handler files files
session.save_path /var/lib/php5 /var/lib/php5
session.serialize_handler php php
session.use_cookies On On
session.use_only_cookies On On
session.use_trans_sid 0 0

shmop

shmop support enabled

SimpleXML

Simplexml support enabled
Revision $Revision: 293036 $
Schema support enabled

soap

Soap Client enabled
Soap Server enabled

Directive Local Value Master Value
soap.wsdl_cache 1 1
soap.wsdl_cache_dir /tmp /tmp
soap.wsdl_cache_enabled 1 1
soap.wsdl_cache_limit 5 5
soap.wsdl_cache_ttl 86400 86400

sockets

Sockets Support enabled

SPL

SPL support enabled
Interfaces Countable, OuterIterator, RecursiveIterator, SeekableIterator, SplObserver, SplSubject
Classes AppendIterator, ArrayIterator, ArrayObject, BadFunctionCallException, BadMethodCallException, CachingIterator, DirectoryIterator, DomainException, EmptyIterator, FilesystemIterator, FilterIterator, GlobIterator, InfiniteIterator, InvalidArgumentException, IteratorIterator, LengthException, LimitIterator, LogicException, MultipleIterator, NoRewindIterator, OutOfBoundsException, OutOfRangeException, OverflowException, ParentIterator, RangeException, RecursiveArrayIterator, RecursiveCachingIterator, RecursiveDirectoryIterator, RecursiveFilterIterator, RecursiveIteratorIterator, RecursiveRegexIterator, RecursiveTreeIterator, RegexIterator, RuntimeException, SplDoublyLinkedList, SplFileInfo, SplFileObject, SplFixedArray, SplHeap, SplMinHeap, SplMaxHeap, SplObjectStorage, SplPriorityQueue, SplQueue, SplStack, SplTempFileObject, UnderflowException, UnexpectedValueException

standard

Dynamic Library Support enabled
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Directive Local Value Master Value
assert.active 1 1
assert.bail 0 0
assert.callback no value no value
assert.quiet_eval 0 0
assert.warning 1 1
auto_detect_line_endings 0 0
default_socket_timeout 60 60
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars PHP_ PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars LD_LIBRARY_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
url_rewriter.tags a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=fakeentry
user_agent no value no value

sysvmsg

sysvmsg support enabled
Revision $Revision: 293036 $

tokenizer

Tokenizer Support enabled

wddx

WDDX Support enabled
WDDX Session Serializer enabled

xml

XML Support active
XML Namespace Support active
libxml2 Version 2.7.6

xmlreader

XMLReader enabled

xmlwriter

XMLWriter enabled

zip

Zip enabled
Extension Version $Id: php_zip.c 294817 2010-02-09 17:51:39Z pajoye $
Zip version 1.9.1
Libzip version 0.9.0

zlib

ZLib Support enabled
Stream Wrapper support compress.zlib://
Stream Filter support zlib.inflate, zlib.deflate
Compiled Version 1.2.1.1
Linked Version 1.2.3.3

Directive Local Value Master Value
zlib.output_compression Off Off
zlib.output_compression_level -1 -1
zlib.output_handler no value no value

Additional Modules

Module Name
sysvsem
sysvshm

Environment

Variable Value
APACHE_PID_FILE /var/run/apache2.pid
PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
LANG C
APACHE_RUN_GROUP www-data
APACHE_RUN_USER www-data
PWD /

PHP Variables

Variable Value
_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"] Wget/1.12 (linux-gnu)
_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"] */*
_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] localhost
_SERVER["HTTP_CONNECTION"] Keep-Alive
_SERVER["PATH"] /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
_SERVER["SERVER_SIGNATURE"] no value
_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] Apache
_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] localhost
_SERVER["SERVER_ADDR"] 127.0.0.1
_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] 80
_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] 127.0.0.1
_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] /usr/share/squirrelmail
_SERVER["SERVER_ADMIN"] [no address given]
_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] /usr/share/squirrelmail/test.php
_SERVER["REMOTE_PORT"] 57634
_SERVER["GATEWAY_INTERFACE"] CGI/1.1
_SERVER["SERVER_PROTOCOL"] HTTP/1.0
_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] GET
_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] no value
_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] /test.php
_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] /test.php
_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] /test.php
_SERVER["REQUEST_TIME"] 1300176555

PHP License

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the PHP License as published by the PHP Group and included in the distribution in the file: LICENSE

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license, or have any questions about PHP licensing, please contact [hidden email].

Al 14/03/11 18:14, En/na Tomas Kuliavas ha escrit:

Actiu informatica wrote:
Can I see somewhere the changelog from 1.4.20 to 1.4.21 ?

http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/tags/rel-1_4_21/doc/ChangeLog?revision=13975&view=markup

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Tomas Kuliavas
Actiu informatica wrote
Al 14/03/11 18:14, En/na Tomas Kuliavas ha escrit:

> Actiu informatica wrote:
>> - Dovecot 1.2.9
>> - SquirrelMail 1.4.20
>> - PHP 5.3.2
>> - Translations used by users: french, spanish, english.
>> - local PHP mbstring extension settings for SquirrelMail: How to see?
>>
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings
>
> Actiu informatica wrote:
>> Can I see somewhere the changelog from 1.4.20 to 1.4.21 ?
>>
> http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/tags/rel-1_4_21/doc/ChangeLog?revision=13975&view=markup

Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check On
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 4.7.1

Directive Local Value Master Value
mbstring.detect_order /no value/ /no value/
mbstring.encoding_translation Off Off
mbstring.func_overload 0 0
mbstring.http_input pass pass
mbstring.http_output pass pass
mbstring.http_output_conv_mimetypes ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml)
^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml)
mbstring.internal_encoding /no value/ /no value/
mbstring.language neutral neutral
mbstring.strict_detection Off Off
mbstring.substitute_character /no value/ /no value/
I asked only for mbstring. Not for whole config.

If you check changelog, you should see that it has some entries about charsets. IMHO they apply only to utf-8 based translations or default utf-8 charset.

You are free to inform Ubuntu that their SquirrelMail version is vulnerable to DoS attack triggered by combination of PHP bug and invalid headers passed in emails.

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
Ok, I see in changelog
"fix for messages with invalid subject encoding"

I see clear that I must to try with last version (1.4.21)

Thanks.

Al 15/03/11 21:28, En/na Tomas Kuliavas ha escrit:

> Actiu informatica wrote:
>>
>> Al 14/03/11 18:14, En/na Tomas Kuliavas ha escrit:

>>> http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings

>>> http://squirrelmail.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squirrelmail/tags/rel-1_4_21/doc/ChangeLog?revision=13975&view=markup

>> Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled
>> Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check On
>> Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 4.7.1
>>

>> Directive Local Value Master Value
>> mbstring.detect_order /no value/ /no value/
>> mbstring.encoding_translation Off Off
>> mbstring.func_overload 0 0
>> mbstring.http_input pass pass
>> mbstring.http_output pass pass
>> mbstring.http_output_conv_mimetypes ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml)
>> ^(text/|application/xhtml\+xml)
>> mbstring.internal_encoding /no value/ /no value/
>> mbstring.language neutral neutral
>> mbstring.strict_detection Off Off
>> mbstring.substitute_character /no value/ /no value/
>>

> I asked only for mbstring. Not for whole config.
>
> If you check changelog, you should see that it has some entries about
> charsets. IMHO they apply only to utf-8 based translations or default utf-8
> charset.
>
> You are free to inform Ubuntu that their SquirrelMail version is vulnerable
> to DoS attack triggered by combination of PHP bug and invalid headers passed
> in emails.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization

Re: Non-english characters in subject

Narcis Garcia - GiLUG
Thanks, the issue I talked about is solved in the SqM 1.4.21 version.

Al 15/03/11 22:29, En/na Narcis Garcia - GiLUG ha escrit:

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.internationalization