No subject or sender after ubuntu upgrade

12

Re: no way to access configtest page

"Andrés Chandía"

On Mon, May 2, 2016 15:13, Roland Fritz wrote:

>>> My
>> suggestions:
>>> - Look inside your /src/ directory if configtest.php
is present and
>>> readable by your webserver
>>> - have a look at
your webserver's log why it can't
>> be accessed
>>> - have a look at
your apache config especially the redirection /
>> ->

/src/login.php
>>> - fix permissions/apache config to fit
>>>
>>> -> this doesn't look like a squirrelmail problem. Apache is your problem
>>> ;)
>>>
>>> Remember this is the squirrelmail list
not the apache list ;)

>>> Roland.
>>>
>> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 24382 abr  6 02:31

configtest.php

>> it has the exact same permitions as the rest of the
files and I can
http://mail.chandia.net/src/help.php

>> I can also

acces the file via any text editor from the shell

>> the apache error
log says:
>> [access_compat:error] [pid 10996] [client 84.89.158.157:46652]
AH01797:
>> client denied by
>> server configuration:
/usr/share/squirrelmail/src/configtest.php

>> At the apache
>> config: /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/squirrelmail.conf file I see nothing
>> related to the
>> redirection of /src/login.php, maybe I'm looking the
wrong file, but I
>> have comment the lines
>> related to the
configtest.php file:

>> #  <Files
configtest.php>
>> #    order deny,allow
>> #    deny from all

#    allow from 127.0.0.1
>> #
</Files>

>> and still
>> access denied,

did you restart apache after changing the config?

> as configtest produces
ascii output you might as well try wget on your
> server to access the file...
>
> Roland.

Yes, I restarted apache....
and, this is what
you mean?

wget mail.chandia.net/src/configtest.php
--2016-05-02
15:25:27--  http://mail.chandia.net/src/configtest.php
Resolviendo mail.chandia.net
(mail.chandia.net)... 89.140.140.36
Conectando con mail.chandia.net
(mail.chandia.net)[89.140.140.36]:80... conectado.
Petición HTTP enviada,
esperando respuesta... 403 Forbidden
2016-05-02 15:25:28 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Thanks

_______________________
            andrés
chandía

administrador de:
parles.upf | delingua | amind
terapia | mapuche koyaktu | mail ong mapuche koyaktu | mail psicoaching |
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No subject or sender after ubuntu upgrade

On 5/2/16, Andres Chandia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, May 2, 2016 13:56, Andres Chandia wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
> there, I have had SM since ubuntu 9.04, always working
>> great, last time > I had
> to  >
>>
> https://www.howtoforge.com/virtual-users-and-domains-with-postfix-courier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-ubuntu-12.10
>> to xenial, after some adjustmens I
> could > start to
>>> receive and send mails, but on my mail list I have some
> mails with
>> no > subject or others with >
>> no sender, some of them
> with none, some times when I open the mail, there > is no body, but if
>> I >
> save it as a file
>> I can see the content on the file... > > Any clue, how could
> I solve > this, what
>> should I check? thanks  You might become another victim of
> bug #2806. Check this out:
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/
>>  BR: Dw. --   Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057  >
>> Applying
> this patch only solved a tiny part of the problem, for instance, I have a
> mail
>>
> that
>> without the patch displays:
>>
>> sender: Foros
>>
> subject:
>> "NOTHING"
>>
>> with the patch:
>> sender:
> Foros Clan Sudamérica
>> subject: "STILL NOTHING"
>>
>> I have tried changing at the config the
>> "Default Charset" from
> ISO-8859-1 to ISO-8859-15 to UTF-8
>> Enabling and
>> disabling "lossy
> encoding", and changing "Default Language" from en_EN to
>> es_ES and
> still nothing.
>>
> By the way; new ubuntu xenial uses: PHP 7.0.4-7ubuntu2 (cli) (
> NTS )

SquirrelMail has not yet been updated to work with PHP 7

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Translation issue

"Andrés Chandía"

Hi there, I'm trying to add new translation pairs to an already existent translations set,
actually in Spanish. So, to the "squirrelmail.po" I have added for instance:

msgid "Move All"
msgstr "Mover todo"

then I run
the command:

msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo squirrelmail.po

But in the end
the expresion never appears translated at the mail interface... any advice?

_______________________

            andrés
chandía

NMT |
Dungupeyem | Corlexim

administrador de:
Parles.upf | Amind
terapia | Mapuche koyaktu | Nocando |
mail: ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Psicoaching |
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!

Re: Translation issue

Juergen Nickelsen-2
On 14.12.2016 14:50, "Andrés Chandía" wrote:
> then I run the command:
>
> msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo squirrelmail.po
>
> But in the end the expresion never appears translated at the mail interface... any advice?

I have seen this a number of times, too -- sometimes the change seems to
be effective immediately, sometimes not. Restarting the Apache process
has always helped.

Regards, Jürgen.

--
<[hidden email]> Tel +49.30.838-50740 Fax -450740
Zentraleinrichtung fuer Datenverarbeitung, Supplemental Imputer

Re: Translation issue

"Andrés Chandía"

Thanks Jürgen, but it didn't help, I tried twice and I also tried cleaning cache,
but nothing.

On 14.12.2016 14:50, "Andrés
Chandía" wrote: > then I run the command: >  > msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo
squirrelmail.po >  > But in
the end the expresion never appears translated at the mail interface... any advice?  I

On 2016年12月14日 05:50, "Andrés Chandía" wrote:

> Hi there, I'm trying to add new translation pairs to an already existent translations set,
> actually in Spanish. So, to the "squirrelmail.po" I have added for instance:
>
> msgid "Move All"
> msgstr "Mover todo"
>
> then I run
> the command:
>
> msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo squirrelmail.po
>
> But in the end
> the expresion never appears translated at the mail interface... any advice?

Sounds like you're translating a string that belongs to the Move All
Messages plugin. You shouldn't add strings at random to the main po(t)
file; find the string you're looking to translate amongst the po files
we provide and go from there.  If you think the string is missing,
that's another question.

Re: Translation issue

"Andrés Chandía"

On 2016年12月14日 05:50, "Andrés Chandía"
wrote: >  >  > Hi there, I'm trying to add new translation pairs to an already existent
translations set, > actually in Spanish. So, to the
"squirrelmail.po" I have added for instance: >
 > msgid "Move All" > msgstr "Mover todo" >
> then I run > the command:
>  > msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo
squirrelmail.po >  > But in
the end > the expresion never appears translated at the mail
interface... any advice?  Sounds like you're translating a string that belongs to the
Move All Messages plugin. You shouldn't add strings at random to the main po(t) file; find the
string you're looking to translate amongst the po files we provide and go from there.  If you
think the string is missing, that's another question.

Thanks, that helped me with the translation of the "Move All Messages" and
"Notes" plugins, but how do I manage those plugins which don't even mentions things
about translation or locale like: "Notify", "Small Cal" or "To
Do". For Small Call there is a "smallcal.po" file at the
"squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES" directory, but does not works...

By the way, there are no good instructions on how to translate plugins, so I would like to
contribute with some:

Notes: I will give examples for Spnish language (es_ES),
change accordingly.
             Where it says
"plugin" replace for the actual plugin name.
1. Go to your plugin folder
and do next command: « grep -r "local" . » This will show you where
should the locale files be placed for this plugin.
2. If the previous command shows you
this line: « bindtextdomain('plugin', SM_PATH . 'locale'); » it means that you
have to place your .po file at « squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/plugin.po
2.1 If the command shows you something like: « bindtextdomain('plugin', SM_PATH .
'plugins/plugin/locale'); » it means that you have to put your .po file in the
"locale" directory inside your "plugin" directory, where you have to have
or create the structure: "es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/",
3. Look for the .po or .pot
file provided by the plugin and copy it to the adequate location (2 or 2.1).
4. cd to the
directory containing the .po file, edit it and change the line "Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=CHARSET\n" to "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15\n" (or the
character set that fits your squirrelmail language setting).
5. Add the the translations
pairs (msgid / msgstr) and save.
6. Check the character codification of your .po file:
« file -b  plugin.po »
6. 1. If you need, convert the file encoding like
this: « iconv -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8859-15 plugin.po > plugin.po.iso »
7.
« mv plugin.po.iso plugin.po »
8. finally binarize your .po file: «
msgfmt -o plugin.mo plugin.po »

Thanks

_______________________
 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â andrés
chandía

NMT |
Dungupeyem | Corlexim

administrador de:
Parles.upf | Amind
terapia | Mapuche koyaktu | Nocando |
mail: ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Psicoaching |
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!

Re: Translation issue

Paul Lesniewski
Your email is almost unreadable. I don't know how you configured
SquirrelMail to munge the reply history so badly, but you should look
into it.

On 2016年12月15日 07:10, "Andrés Chandía" wrote:

> On 2016年12月14日 05:50, "Andrés Chandía"
> wrote: >  >  > Hi there, I'm trying to add new translation pairs to an already existent
> translations set, > actually in Spanish. So, to the
> "squirrelmail.po" I have added for instance: >
>  > msgid "Move All" > msgstr "Mover todo" >
>> then I run > the command:
>>  > msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo
> squirrelmail.po >  > But in
> the end > the expresion never appears translated at the mail
> interface... any advice?  Sounds like you're translating a string that belongs to the
> Move All Messages plugin. You shouldn't add strings at random to the main po(t) file; find the
> string you're looking to translate amongst the po files we provide and go from there.  If you
> think the string is missing, that's another question.
>
> Thanks, that helped me with the translation of the "Move All Messages" and
> "Notes" plugins, but how do I manage those plugins which don't even mentions things
> about translation or locale like: "Notify", "Small Cal" or "To
> Do". For Small Call there is a "smallcal.po" file at the
> "squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES" directory, but does not works...

I don't know why you are bothering with Small Cal -- I believe it's
designated as obsolete.  Any plugins that don't use their own locale can
be translated by adding strings to the main squirrelmail locale as a
temporary measure.  Be weary of plugins that old.

> By the way, there are no good instructions on how to translate plugins, so I would like to
> contribute with some:

I think there are if you look at the plugin author's guide. It's also
possible that you are not working from the most up to date translation
data. Please get a SVN snapshot of the all-locales/all-versions package
from the download page.

> Notes: I will give examples for Spnish language (es_ES),
> change accordingly.
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  Where it says
> "plugin" replace for the actual plugin name.
> 1. Go to your plugin folderÂ
> and do next command: « grep -r "local" . » This will show you where
> should the locale files be placed for this plugin.
> 2. If the previous command shows you
> this line: « bindtextdomain('plugin', SM_PATH . 'locale'); » it means that you
> have to place your .po file at « squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/plugin.po
> 2.1 If the command shows you something like: « bindtextdomain('plugin', SM_PATH .
> 'plugins/plugin/locale'); » it means that you have to put your .po file in the
> "locale" directory inside your "plugin" directory, where you have to have
> or create the structure: "es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/",
> 3. Look for the .po or .pot
> file provided by the plugin and copy it to the adequate location (2 or 2.1).
> 4. cd to the
> directory containing the .po file, edit it and change the line "Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset=CHARSET\n" to "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15\n" (or the
> character set that fits your squirrelmail language setting).
> 5. Add the the translations
> pairs (msgid / msgstr) and save.
> 6. Check the character codification of your .po file:
> « file -b  plugin.po »
> 6. 1. If you need, convert the file encoding like
> this: « iconv -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8859-15 plugin.po > plugin.po.iso »
> 7.
> « mv plugin.po.iso plugin.po »
> 8. finally binarize your .po file: «
> msgfmt -o plugin.mo plugin.po »
/change options):

Re: Translation issue

"Andrés Chandía"

Yeah, I have always had that problem unsolved, here's what I have:
Language       : es_ES
2.  Default Charset        : ISO-8859-15
3.  Enable lossy
encoding  : false

the locale charmap at my server is UTF-8, maybe this is the
reason....
There are some instrucctions at the plugins readmes or intalls but thos are
not so clear.
I wuould like to contribute with my translations so far, I attach a tar.gz
file, there are
some plugins I could not translate though.

Your
email is almost unreadable. I don't know how you configured SquirrelMail to munge the reply
history so badly, but you should look into it.  On 2016å¹´12月15日 07:10,
"Andrés Chandía" wrote: >  >  > On
2016年12月14日 05:50,
"Andrés Chandía" > wrote:
>  >  > Hi there, I'm trying to add new translation pairs to an already
existent > translations set, > actually in Spanish. So, to
the > "squirrelmail.po" I have added for instance:
> >  > msgid "Move All" > msgstr
"Mover todo" >  >> then I run > the
command: >>  > msgfmt -o squirrelmail.mo > squirrelmail.po >  > But in > the
end > the expresion never appears translated at the mail >
interface... any advice?  Sounds like you're translating a string that belongs to the
> Move All Messages plugin. You shouldn't add strings at random to
the main po(t) file; find the > string you're looking to
translate amongst the po files we provide and go from there.  If you > think the string is missing, that's another question. >  > Thanks, that helped me with the
translation of the "Move All Messages" and >
"Notes" plugins, but how do I manage those plugins which don't even mentions
things > about translation or locale like: "Notify",
"Small Cal" or "To > Do". For Small Call
there is a "smallcal.po" file at the >
"squirrelmail/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES" directory, but does not works...  I
don't know why you are bothering with Small Cal -- I believe it's designated as obsolete.  Any
plugins that don't use their own locale can be translated by adding strings to the main
squirrelmail locale as a temporary measure.  Be weary of plugins that old.  > By the way, there are no good instructions on how to translate plugins,
so I would like to > contribute with some:  I think
there are if you look at the plugin author's guide. It's also possible that you are not
working from the most up to date translation data. Please get a SVN snapshot of the
all-locales/all-versions package from the download page.  > Notes: I
will give examples for Spnish language (es_ES), > change
accordingly. > Â Â Â Â Â Â
[...]
codification of your .po file: > « file -bÂ
» /change options): https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users >   --  Paul Lesniewski SquirrelMail Team Please support Open Source
Software by donating to SquirrelMail! http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php

_______________________

            andrés
chandía

NMT |
Dungupeyem | Corlexim

administrador de:
Parles.upf | Amind
terapia | Mapuche koyaktu | Nocando |
mail: ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Psicoaching |
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!

Re: Translation issue

"Andrés Chandía"

A couple more translations in attachment.

_______________________

            andrés
chandía

NMT |
Dungupeyem | Corlexim

administrador de:
Parles.upf | Amind
terapia | Mapuche koyaktu | Nocando |
mail: ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Psicoaching |
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Translation issue

Paul Lesniewski

On 2016年12月21日 05:32, "Andrés Chandía" wrote:

> A couple more translations in attachment.

There was no attachment

Re: Translation issue

https://squirrelmail.org/docs/translator/translator.html
https://squirrelmail.org/docs/devel/devel-4.html#ss4.7

> [...]
> file encoding like > this: « iconv -f UTF-8 -t
> ISO-8859-15 plugin.po > plugin.po.iso » >
> 7. > « mv plugin.po.iso plugin.po
> » > 8. finally binarize your .po file:
> « > msgfmt -o plugin.mo plugin.po
> » /change options): https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users >   --  Paul Lesniewski SquirrelMail Team Please support Open Source
> Software by donating to SquirrelMail! http://squirrelmail.org/donate_paul_lesniewski.php
>

> _______________________
>
>             andrés
> chandía
>
> NMT |
> Dungupeyem | Corlexim
>
> administrador de:
> Parles.upf | Amind
> terapia | Mapuche koyaktu | Nocando |
> mail: ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Psicoaching |
> P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!

Re: Translation issue

"Andrés Chandía"

Ok, it is available here:

http://chandia.net/compart/squirrelmail-locales-es_ES.tar.gz