Quantcast

No mails in "Sent"

Bot

No mails in "Sent"

Bot
Dear comunity,
I'm trying to setup Squirrelmail as webmail , and have runed into a problem with sending items.
First i was unable to send items because of "Cannot create message – no write permission or out of disk space" ERROR. I've solved it with advice on http://www.webhosting.uk.com/forums/faqs-tutorials/7732-e-mail-issue-squirrelmail-error-could-not-append-message-inbox-sent.html

After that  i can send mail , but no mail is shown in "Sent" folder ; when i lokup the server itself i can see that all sent messages are in /home/username/Maildir/.Sent/tmp folder.
What can i do to make sent messages appear in "Sent" folder of Squirrelmail interface ?

Re: *** CACTUS SPAM *** No mails in "Sent"

P Sreedhar
Dear bot,

.Sent folder should have 3 folders , namely new, cur, and tmp with
permissions same as the .Sent folder. Create the other folders and problem
will be solved.

P Sreedhar

I'm trying to setup Squirrelmail as webmail , and have runed into a problem

with sending items.

First i was unable to send items because of "Cannot create message – no

write permission or out of disk space" ERROR. I've solved it with advice on

http://www.webhosting.uk
com/forums/faqs-tutorials/7732-e-mail-issue-squirrelmail-error-could-not-appe
d-message-inbox-sent.html

After that i can send mail , but no mail is shown in "Sent" folder ; when i

lokup the server itself i can see that all sent messages are in

/home/username/Maildir/.Sent/tmp folder.

What can i do to make sent messages appear in "Sent" folder of Squirrelmail

interface ?

This SF email is sponsosred by:

http://p.sf.net/sfu/sfd2d-msazure

List address: [hidden email]

***********       Radiation exposure to public from NPP is negligible.       ***********

Disclaimer:
----------

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressed individual or entity.  It contains information that is confidential and protected from disclosure. It must not be printed, read, copied, disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person other than the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful act and can possibly attract legal action.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

If you have received this message in error, you should destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
Thank you.
Bot

Re:No mails in "Sent"

Bot
This post was updated on .
Hi, and thank you for the reply.
Solution you offered indeed did the trick. Is there a way to see why the app failed to create subdirs at instal/configuration time ?
I'm having quite a few installations planed and i'd like to prevent the root cause for this on other instances.

Thank you in advance.

Re: No mails in "Sent"

> I'm trying to setup Squirrelmail as webmail , and have runed into a
> problem
> with sending items.
> First i was unable to send items because of "Cannot create message – no
> write permission or out of disk space" ERROR. I've solved it with advice
> on
>
> http://www.webhosting.uk.com/forums/faqs-tutorials/7732-e-mail-issue-squirrelmail-error-could-not-append-message-inbox-sent.html

If your IMAP server is not even installed correctly, I would have no
confidence that anything else you try to install on top of it will
function correctly.  You should never have to create a tmp folder
manually like that.

> After that  i can send mail , but no mail is shown in "Sent" folder ; when
> lokup the server itself i can see that all sent messages are in
> /home/username/Maildir/.Sent/tmp folder.
> What can i do to make sent messages appear in "Sent" folder of
> Squirrelmail
> interface ?

How did you configure SquirrelMail to handle sent messages?  What's
$sent_folder and $default_move_to_sent in the configuration file?  And
what is the value in your user account for SquirrelMail for Options
--> Folder Preferences --> Sent Folder

If those things seem correct, increase logging verbosity for your IMAP
server and watch your log file.  You may need to ask for help from
your IMAP server's community (or rather from cPanel if they gave you
such a borked up IMAP server installation).

Re: No mails in "Sent"

magicguy
Hi Paul,

I am having the same problem. The sent mails not showing in sent items.

I checked we are having tmp, cur, new direcory inside .Sent folder.

Please let me know, what else I have to check.

Thanks,
Ali.

Re: No mails in "Sent"

Paul Lesniewski
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM, magicguy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I am having the same problem. The sent mails not showing in sent items.

Same problem as what?  If you don't quote previous thread content,
don't expect anyone to remember.

> I checked we are having tmp, cur, new direcory inside .Sent folder.
>
> Please let me know, what else I have to check.

Maybe you should describe the problem.  Are there messages in any of
those directories?  What are the sent folder settings in SM and the
user prefs?  Post *ALL* information required in the mailing list
posting guidelines.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No mails in "Sent"

magicguy

Hi Paul ,

When user is sending mail through webmail the mail not showing in sent items. I read in the previous threads to check the cur tmp and new folder .sent folder.  I can see the folders inside .sent folder, but still is not showing in the sent items nor it is thr in .sent or any of its sub folders.

We are using squirrelmail 1.4. Please let me know what else info is required.

Thanks

On 2 Aug 2013 08:33, "Paul Lesniewski [via SquirrelMail]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM, magicguy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I am having the same problem. The sent mails not showing in sent items.

Same problem as what?  If you don't quote previous thread content,
don't expect anyone to remember.

> I checked we are having tmp, cur, new direcory inside .Sent folder.
>
> Please let me know, what else I have to check.

Maybe you should describe the problem.  Are there messages in any of
those directories?  What are the sent folder settings in SM and the
user prefs?  Post *ALL* information required in the mailing list
posting guidelines.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

michael crane-2

On Fri, August 2, 2013 9:42 am, magicguy wrote:

> Hi Paul ,
>

> When user is sending mail through webmail the mail not showing in sent
> items. I read in the previous threads to check the cur tmp and new folder
> .sent folder.  I can see the folders inside .sent folder, but still is
> not showing in the sent items nor it is thr in .sent or any of its sub
> folders.
>
> We are using squirrelmail 1.4. Please let me know what else info is
> required.
if it's every user it's likely a configuration issue as to where the sent
directory is. If it is one user I don't know, you could try getting the
user to send an email with a unique string in it "ABCDEF12345ABCDEF" and
then seeing if you can find it in their mailbox anywhere.

cheers

mick

--
key ID: 0x4BFEBB31

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

magicguy

Hi,

Its for all the users, can you please tell me which config file and which parameter to check for this

Thanks

On 2 Aug 2013 14:54, "michael crane-2 [via SquirrelMail]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, August 2, 2013 9:42 am, magicguy wrote:

> Hi Paul ,
>

> When user is sending mail through webmail the mail not showing in sent
> items. I read in the previous threads to check the cur tmp and new folder
> .sent folder.  I can see the folders inside .sent folder, but still is
> not showing in the sent items nor it is thr in .sent or any of its sub
> folders.
>
> We are using squirrelmail 1.4. Please let me know what else info is
> required.
if it's every user it's likely a configuration issue as to where the sent
directory is. If it is one user I don't know, you could try getting the
user to send an email with a unique string in it "ABCDEF12345ABCDEF" and
then seeing if you can find it in their mailbox anywhere.

cheers

mick

--
key ID: 0x4BFEBB31

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

http://squirrelmail.5843.n7.nabble.com/No-mails-in-Sent-tp4269p25594.html
To unsubscribe from No mails in "Sent", click here.
NAML

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

Fredrik Jervfors-4
>>> When user is sending mail through webmail the mail not showing in
>>> sent items. I read in the previous threads to check the cur tmp and
>>> new folder .sent folder.  I can see the folders inside .sent folder,
>>> but still is not showing in the sent items nor it is thr in .sent or
>>> any of its sub folders.
>>>
>>> We are using squirrelmail 1.4.

There are more than 20 different versions of SquirrelMail 1.4. The latest
version is 1.4.22.

See <http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-12.html>.

>> if it's every user it's likely a configuration issue as to where the
>> sent directory is. If it is one user I don't know, you could try getting
>> the user to send an email with a unique string in it "ABCDEF12345ABCDEF"
>> and then seeing if you can find it in their mailbox anywhere.
>
> Its for all the users, can you please tell me which config file and which
> parameter to check for this

For SquirrelMail: config/config.php parameters: $trash_folder,
$default_move_to_trash.

For your IMAP server: check your IMAP server documentation.

Sincerely,
Fredrik

PS. Please write your replies inline or at the bottom of the mail - not on
the top.

--
Fredrik Jervfors <http://fredrik.jervfors.se/>
The SquirrelMail Project

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

magicguy

It is 1.4.4

On 2 Aug 2013 15:41, "Fredrik Jervfors-4 [via SquirrelMail]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> When user is sending mail through webmail the mail not showing in
>>> sent items. I read in the previous threads to check the cur tmp and
>>> new folder .sent folder.  I can see the folders inside .sent folder,
>>> but still is not showing in the sent items nor it is thr in .sent or
>>> any of its sub folders.
>>>
>>> We are using squirrelmail 1.4.

There are more than 20 different versions of SquirrelMail 1.4. The latest
version is 1.4.22.

>>> Please let me know what else info is required.

See <http://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-12.html>.

>> if it's every user it's likely a configuration issue as to where the
>> sent directory is. If it is one user I don't know, you could try getting
>> the user to send an email with a unique string in it "ABCDEF12345ABCDEF"
>> and then seeing if you can find it in their mailbox anywhere.
>
> Its for all the users, can you please tell me which config file and which
> parameter to check for this

For SquirrelMail: config/config.php parameters: $trash_folder,
$default_move_to_trash.

For your IMAP server: check your IMAP server documentation.

Sincerely,
Fredrik

PS. Please write your replies inline or at the bottom of the mail - not on
the top.

--
Fredrik Jervfors <http://fredrik.jervfors.se/>
The SquirrelMail Project
http://squirrelmail.org/donations.php

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

http://squirrelmail.5843.n7.nabble.com/No-mails-in-Sent-tp4269p25596.html
To unsubscribe from No mails in "Sent", click here.
NAML

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

michael crane-2

On Fri, August 2, 2013 11:18 am, magicguy wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Its for all the users, can you please tell me which config file and which
>  parameter to check for this

I'm just an amature guy does this for himself.
there is a "delimiter" or called somethingelse in the server config file
and the squirrel mail config, I think they need to be the same thing and
then you have the folder prefix in the conf.pl in squirrelmail seems to be
important. you've probably got a dot or a "/" where it's not needed.

--
key ID: 0x4BFEBB31

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

magicguy
Hi,

Still I am facing the problem, does anyone else having any solution for me.

Squirrel Ver:  squirrelmail-1.4.8-5.el5_4.10

Thanks.

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM, mick crane <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, August 2, 2013 11:18 am, magicguy wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Its for all the users, can you please tell me which config file and which
>  parameter to check for this

I'm just an amature guy does this for himself.
there is a "delimiter" or called somethingelse in the server config file
and the squirrel mail config, I think they need to be the same thing and
then you have the folder prefix in the conf.pl in squirrelmail seems to be
important. you've probably got a dot or a "/" where it's not needed.

--
key ID: 0x4BFEBB31

List address: [hidden email]

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: No mails in 'Sent'

Paul Lesniewski
>> On Fri, August 2, 2013 11:18 am, magicguy wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > Its for all the users, can you please tell me which config file and
>> > which
>> >  parameter to check for this
>>
>> I'm just an amature guy does this for himself.
>> there is a "delimiter" or called somethingelse in the server config file
>> and the squirrel mail config, I think they need to be the same thing and
>> then you have the folder prefix in the conf.pl in squirrelmail seems to be
>> important. you've probably got a dot or a "/" where it's not needed.
>
> Still I am facing the problem, does anyone else having any solution for me.
>
> Squirrel Ver:  squirrelmail-1.4.8-5.el5_4.10

STOP TOP POSTING.  READ the mailing list posting guidelines.  ANSWER
the questions and suggestions that you are given, show your
configuration file, try a vanilla installation of 1.4.22, etc.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user