Multiple sessions from the same browser

Sistemas-5
Hi to all,

I had a problem: when the same user logged in (at the same time) from
the same browser but with a different browser tab, doesn't work.

I would like to know if there is a solution (a plugin or similar whith
new session mechanisms ??) instead of saying users that they have to use
2 different browsers for login with 2 different accounts concurrently...

Thanks in avance..

System Area of University of Valladolid

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel

Re: Multiple sessions from the same browser

Paul Lesniewski
On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Sistemas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I had a problem: when the same user logged in (at the same time) from
> the same browser but with a different browser tab, doesn't work.
>
> I would like to know if there is a solution (a plugin or similar whith
> new session mechanisms ??) instead of saying users that they have to use
> 2 different browsers for login with 2 different accounts concurrently...

This is a long-standing issue; you should search before posting.  The
solution is to use the Login Check plugin.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel

Re: Multiple sessions from the same browser

Sistemas-5
Hi,

Two notes:
- I had installed (or tried, I am followed the INSTALL intructions) this
plugin, but nothing happens...I had tried with the three methods of the
plugin, but the result was the same: no changes.
- The documentation tell us that it is a solution about the
contamination with the sessions, but not that allow two sessions at the
same time from the same browser. The three methods:
[login_check_method]
1 = Further logins not allowed until the original user is signed out
2 = Only display a warning on the login page
3 = Redirect to show the original user's mailbox

neither match with the functionality that we look at.

If I am wrong in something, please tell me...

Thanks a lot.
Regards,

Systems Area
Univeristy of Valladolid

El 04/06/13 18:29, Paul Lesniewski escribió:

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Sistemas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I had a problem: when the same user logged in (at the same time) from
>> the same browser but with a different browser tab, doesn't work.
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a solution (a plugin or similar whith
>> new session mechanisms ??) instead of saying users that they have to use
>> 2 different browsers for login with 2 different accounts concurrently...
> This is a long-standing issue; you should search before posting.  The
> solution is to use the Login Check plugin.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel

Re: Multiple sessions from the same browser

Paul Lesniewski
Please read the mailing list posting guidelines to learn why you
should not top post.

>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I had a problem: when the same user logged in (at the same time) from
>>> the same browser but with a different browser tab, doesn't work.
>>>
>>> I would like to know if there is a solution (a plugin or similar whith
>>> new session mechanisms ??) instead of saying users that they have to use
>>> 2 different browsers for login with 2 different accounts concurrently...
>> This is a long-standing issue; you should search before posting.  The
>> solution is to use the Login Check plugin.
>
> Two notes:
> - I had installed (or tried, I am followed the INSTALL intructions) this
> plugin, but nothing happens...I had tried with the three methods of the
> plugin, but the result was the same: no changes.
> - The documentation tell us that it is a solution about the
> contamination with the sessions, but not that allow two sessions at the
> same time from the same browser.

This is the same thing.  You *cannot* have multiple sessions in the
same browser, since sessions are cookie-based.  The plugin makes sure
you don't accidentally log in to the same SM using the same browser.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.devel