Quantcast

Mails lost in mailserver after opened up by Squirrelmail

Mails lost in mailserver after opened up by Squirrelmail

Fokke Nauta
Hi all,
We have a LAN server (Win 7 Pro 32b) where is installed:
Mercury Mail server/32 vs. 4.74,
Squirrelmail 1.4.22,
Webserver Abyss X2 (v2.7), by Aprelium,
PHP (preconfigured by Aprelium) vs. 5.5.5.

The Mercury mail server works fine. It collects mail by POP3 from external sources and delivers it by SMTP to clients in the LAN. Squirrelmail is installed as a IMAP client, and accessing Squirrelmail from outside the LAN gives access to the mail on the server - as long as it isn't downloaded by a client. This works fine as well.
The problem is, that when I open a mail by Squirrelmail, the mail dissapears from the mail server. It's gone. Clients cannot download it anymore. It is still available within Squirrelmail, but I want to be able to download mail from the mail server even when the mail is opened by Squirrelmail.

What can I do to keep the mails on the server after opening it with Squirrelmail?

Many thanks beforehand for your suggestions.
With kind regards,
Fokke Nauta

Re: Mails lost in mailserver after opened up by Squirrelmail

Fokke Nauta
Sorry to bother you, guys. I already found the culprit and to my surprise it was not a Squirrelmail setting. It was a setting in the POP3 server from Mercury.

Fokke

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Fokke Nauta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We have a LAN server (Win 7 Pro 32b) where is installed:
> Mercury Mail server/32 vs. 4.74,
> Squirrelmail 1.4.22,
> Webserver Abyss X2 (v2.7), by Aprelium,
> PHP (preconfigured by Aprelium) vs. 5.5.5.
>
> The Mercury mail server works fine. It collects mail by POP3 from external
> sources and delivers it by SMTP to clients in the LAN. Squirrelmail is
> installed as a IMAP client, and accessing Squirrelmail from outside the LAN
> gives access to the mail on the server - as long as it isn't downloaded by a
> client. This works fine as well.
> The problem is, that when I open a mail by Squirrelmail, the mail dissapears
> from the mail server. It's gone. Clients cannot download it anymore. It is
> still available within Squirrelmail, but I want to be able to download mail
> from the mail server even when the mail is opened by Squirrelmail.
>
> What can I do to keep the mails on the server after opening it with
> Squirrelmail?

This has nothing to do with SquirrelMail.  SquirrelMail doesn't delete
messages when they are retrieved for viewing.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user