LDAP personal addressbook for loged user

LDAP personal addressbook for loged user

ambruska (email)
Hi all,
I would like to set LDAP addressbook in squirrelmail the way, that each user can see only his
personal addressbook stored in LDAP server. I searched the web and still didnot find the
solution.

I mean, that user "lets say" TEST loged in squirrelmail could see only his private adressess
stored in "cn=TEST,ou=personal,ou=contacts,dc=my,dc=domain".

Is there any filter or search_expression I can set in configuration of LDAP addressbook
taht can compare login name and password of logged user to LDAP ?
Or something else, that solve my needs.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Lubos

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: LDAP personal addressbook for loged user

Paul Lesniewski
On 3/9/15, ambruska (email) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to set LDAP addressbook in squirrelmail the way, that each user
> can see only his
> personal addressbook stored in LDAP server. I searched the web and still
> didnot find the
> solution.
>
> I mean, that user "lets say" TEST loged in squirrelmail could see only his
> private adressess
> stored in "cn=TEST,ou=personal,ou=contacts,dc=my,dc=domain".
>
> Is there any filter or search_expression I can set in configuration of LDAP
> addressbook
> taht can compare login name and password of logged user to LDAP ?
> Or something else, that solve my needs.

LDAP address books in SquirrelMail are focused on supplementing a
local personal address book with an organization address book.  Adding
a bit to the DN as you require should be easy to implement, and I'm
not really sure why it never was - perhaps because there are a lot of
other possible ways to set up a personal address book in LDAP.  I
don't know.  Maybe those trivial changes are what this person did:

http://daniel.marczisovszky.hu/projects/squirrelmail/ldap_abook_backend/

After all, that's why there is a configurable address book backend system.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user