Quantcast

Is there a way to show custom column in the message list or custom field in the message display

Is there a way to show custom column in the message list or custom field in the message display

Peter-2
Hi,

I installed 1.4.22 on my Linux server. I'd like to see a custom field
either in the message list or the message itself. In my case, I want to
see spam score (on my system, the field is X-Spam-Score). I could not find
any plugin to make this possible/available.

Ideally, I'd be able to add a column to the "Index Order"
(options_order.php), like I could add Size column.

Alternatively, I would be able to see the value as a header in the message
display (read_body.php), along the Subject/From/Date/To/Priority fields.

I know I can see the field by clicking View Full Header (view_header.php).
However, that's 3 clicks for every message and does not help me to get an
tune my Spamassassin score treshold.

I am willing to hack my system if necessary - if this is too cumbersome to
develop as a Plugin.

I'd appreciate hints (hopefully such a beast already exists) or what is
the easiest path to get this done. I have not used php but I can try.

I read that the 1.5 version had redone plugin architecture. If this task
is easier in 1.5 and the version is stable enough, I can install that
version.

Thank you!
Peter

Re: Is there a way to show custom column in the message list or custom field in the message display

Paul Lesniewski
On 12/26/15, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed 1.4.22 on my Linux server. I'd like to see a custom field
> either in the message list or the message itself. In my case, I want to
> see spam score (on my system, the field is X-Spam-Score). I could not find
> any plugin to make this possible/available.
>
> Ideally, I'd be able to add a column to the "Index Order"
> (options_order.php), like I could add Size column.

In 1.4.x IIRC there is not an easy way to do this.  You'd need to make
source modifications.

> Alternatively, I would be able to see the value as a header in the message
> display (read_body.php), along the Subject/From/Date/To/Priority fields.

I believe the show headers plugin may already suit your needs here:

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=186

> I know I can see the field by clicking View Full Header (view_header.php).
> However, that's 3 clicks for every message and does not help me to get an
> tune my Spamassassin score treshold.
>
> I am willing to hack my system if necessary - if this is too cumbersome to
> develop as a Plugin.
>
> I'd appreciate hints (hopefully such a beast already exists) or what is
> the easiest path to get this done. I have not used php but I can try.
>
> I read that the 1.5 version had redone plugin architecture. If this task
> is easier in 1.5 and the version is stable enough, I can install that
> version.

It's somewhat stable, and definitely easier to modify the template
output in the message list for this purpose, but officially I can't
make promises about 1.5.x

Re: Is there a way to show custom column in the message list or custom field in the message display

Peter-2
Paul,

Great, thank you very much! I installed Show Headers plugin and it worked.
That gets me 70% where I need to be.

I'll install 1.5.2 and give it a try. I just recently escaped the jail of
cPanel-provided version of Squirrelmail. It is refreshing that I can
control my installation. The move was painless, I hope 1.5.2 will be as
easy.

Thank you for your help,
Peter