HTML composing

Christian Schmitz-4
Hi everybody.
        Exist any ACTUALIZED plugin for html email composing? I try modify myself
html_plugin but no sucess.

Regards all and happy new year.
Christian

PD: sorry i send from an unregistered to list email too, so is possible seen
this email as double post.

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: HTML composing

Tomas Kuliavas
Christian Schmitz-4 wrote
Hi everybody.
        Exist any ACTUALIZED plugin for html email composing? I try modify myself
html_plugin but no sucess.
html_mail plugin can be used to create html formated emails. It is not without problems and some features are lacking, but existing implementation tries to make what is possible without making changes in squirrelmail itself and without mods in used html editor backends.

Please note that official plugin version was released before widespread use of Safari engine based browsers and plugin is bundled with older html editor versions. html editors depend on browser javascript features. If you use Safari browsers or knock off SquirrelMail's javascript detection with your custom login forms, you will have problems with this plugin.

Re: HTML composing

chris
They have an upgraded version of this plugin in Ensginia. That's the only up-to-date version I know of. It works with all major browsers, including Safari and Chrome. (http://nutsmail.com)

Re: HTML composing

Christian Schmitz-5
Thanks for your reply Tomas.

I know html_mail es old and obsolete, for example didnt work in FF and Chrome.
Personally i hate html email, but sadly the customer allways has the reason
and he want html composing.

Where i can read a tutorial or step by step to add html composing for
squirrelmail. ? If not exist for squirrelmail i will appreciate if someone
can recomend another webmail frontend with html composing.

Thanks and Happy new year for all.

Christian Schmitz

El Lun 31 Dic 2012, Tomas Kuliavas escribió:

> Christian Schmitz-4 wrote
>
> > Hi everybody.
> > Exist any ACTUALIZED plugin for html email composing? I try modify
> > myself html_plugin but no sucess.
>
> html_mail plugin can be used to create html formated emails. It is not
> without problems and some features are lacking, but existing implementation
> tries to make what is possible without making changes in squirrelmail
> itself and without mods in used html editor backends.
>
> Please note that official plugin version was released before widespread use
> of Safari engine based browsers and plugin is bundled with older html
> editor versions. html editors depend on browser javascript features. If you
> use Safari browsers or knock off SquirrelMail's javascript detection with
> your custom login forms, you will have problems with this plugin.

--
SCHlabs developers
+54 11 4639-5945

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: HTML composing

Christian Schmitz-4
Thanks for your reply Tomas.

I know html_mail es old and obsolete, for example didnt work in FF and Chrome.
Personally i hate html email, but sadly the customer allways has the reason
and he want html composing.

Where i can read a tutorial or step by step to add html composing for
squirrelmail. ? If not exist for squirrelmail i will appreciate if someone
can recomend another webmail frontend with html composing.

Thanks and Happy new year for all.

Christian Schmitz

El Lun 31 Dic 2012, Tomas Kuliavas escribió:

> Christian Schmitz-4 wrote
>
> > Hi everybody.
> >     Exist any ACTUALIZED plugin for html email composing? I try modify
> > myself html_plugin but no sucess.
>
> html_mail plugin can be used to create html formated emails. It is not
> without problems and some features are lacking, but existing implementation
> tries to make what is possible without making changes in squirrelmail
> itself and without mods in used html editor backends.
>
> Please note that official plugin version was released before widespread use
> of Safari engine based browsers and plugin is bundled with older html
> editor versions. html editors depend on browser javascript features. If you
> use Safari browsers or knock off SquirrelMail's javascript detection with
> your custom login forms, you will have problems with this plugin.

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows
http://www.schdev.com.ar
http://gnc2.schdev.com.ar

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: HTML composing

chris wrote
They have an upgraded version of this plugin in Ensginia. That's the only up-to-date version I know of. It works with all major browsers, including Safari and Chrome. (http://nutsmail.com)
Nutsmail SquirrelMail build is still protected by GPL. They should provide GPLed package version without skin specific files. It is up to Nutsmail users to exercise their rights and to make those Nutsmail changes public.

"Chrome/Safari support" is about replacing exiting html editor version with newer fckeditor version or adding tinymce support. Nutsmail changes only looks of SquirrelMail. All the stuff which is under the hood is publicly available GPLed or tri-licensed third party code. It is not that complex task to upgrade fckeditor to last 2.x build with webkit support and there are publicly available html_mail mods that do it.

Re: HTML composing

Christian Schmitz-4
Thanks you, i will look for GPL version. Or talk with my customer to he pay it

Regards
Christian

El Mié 02 Ene 2013, Tomas Kuliavas escribió:

> chris wrote
>
> > They have an upgraded version of this plugin in Ensginia. That's the only
> > up-to-date version I know of. It works with all major browsers, including
> > Safari and Chrome. (http://nutsmail.com)
>
> Nutsmail SquirrelMail build is still protected by GPL. They should provide
> GPLed package version without skin specific files. It is up to Nutsmail
> users to exercise their rights and to make those Nutsmail changes public.
>
> "Chrome/Safari support" is about replacing exiting html editor version with
> newer fckeditor version or adding tinymce support. Nutsmail changes only
> looks of SquirrelMail. All the stuff which is under the hood is publicly
> available GPLed or tri-licensed third party code. It is not that complex
> task to upgrade fckeditor to last 2.x build with webkit support and there
> are publicly available html_mail mods that do it.

--
En un mundo sin fronteras.... ¿Quién necesita Puertas y Ventanas?
EN INGLES: In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows
http://www.schdev.com.ar
http://gnc2.schdev.com.ar

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user