[Fwd: problems after upgrading ubuntu server from 12.04 to 12.10]

[Fwd: problems after upgrading ubuntu server from 12.04 to 12.10]

"Andrés Chandía"
Hi there, I have next problem after upgrading from ubuntu server 12.04 to 12.10

all the arriving mails from sender which name has accents or other likely characters, do not display the sender, same hapens if character is in subject (subject is not diplayed), eventhough, if the body contains this kind of characters, these are seen with no problem.
At my address book all the names containing such characters desappeared, not the mail field, but only the name one and can not be edited. I tried editing the "/var/lib/squirrelmail/data/[hidden email]", but the visualization results in strange characters, I've tried converting the file from iso-8859-1 to utf8, but nothing...

Another problem is that at the answer the original massage is erased if there is an accented character.

messages that are not html, erase the "lines" where there is a word with accented characters.!!!

any idea of what could be happening, any help?

thanks in advance....

_______________________
            andrés chandía
chandia.net
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

untitled-[2].html (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [Fwd: problems after upgrading ubuntu server from 12.04 to 12.10]

Paul Lesniewski
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM, "Andrés Chandía" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there, I have next problem after upgrading from ubuntu server 12.04 to 12.10
>
> all the arriving mails from sender which name has accents or other likely characters, do not display the sender, same hapens if character is in subject (subject is not diplayed), eventhough, if the body contains this kind of characters, these are seen with no problem.
> At my address book all the names containing such characters desappeared, not the mail field, but only the name one and can not be edited. I tried editing the "/var/lib/squirrelmail/data/[hidden email]", but the visualization results in strange characters, I've tried converting the file from iso-8859-1 to utf8, but nothing...
>

> Another problem is that at the answer the original massage is erased if there is an accented character.
>
> messages that are not html, erase the "lines" where there is a word with accented characters.!!!
>
> any idea of what could be happening, any help?

Please try a snapshot of SM 1.4.23-svn

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user