Empty Localized Login Button

Nikolaos Milas
Hello,

I am setting up SM 1.4.23 SVN on a CentOS 6 server with PHP 5.5.

Basic installation went fine; I also installed greek locale (el_GR) and
faced the problem mentioned here:

    https://sourceforge.net/p/squirrelmail/bugs/2806/?page=3

In fact not only there were message subjects missing, but empty buttons
and drop-down menus as well.

I installed the patch mentioned at that thread:

    quoted_printable_fix-1.4.x-version_3.diff

and all issues were resolved, but there remains only slight detail:

The initial Login Screen button which should carry the word "Login" (in
Greek) remains empty!

What should be done to correct this? Please advise!

Thanks,
Nick

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Empty Localized Login Button

Nikolaos Milas
On 28/3/2016 8:34 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> The initial Login Screen button which should carry the word "Login"
> (in Greek) remains empty!

An addition which may be useful for anyone looking into it:

In config, I have:

     $squirrelmail_default_language = 'el_GR';
     $default_charset       = 'UTF-8';

Nick

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

On 28/3/2016 8:39 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> On 28/3/2016 8:34 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>
>> The initial Login Screen button which should carry the word "Login"
>> (in Greek) remains empty!
>>
> An addition which may be useful for anyone looking into it:
>
> In config, I have:
>
>       $squirrelmail_default_language = 'el_GR';
>       $default_charset       = 'UTF-8';

Anyone ?

It seems the problem is that the main login page is encoded in UTF-8,
whereas the localized login button text is encoded in ISO-8859-7, and
thus no text is displayed.

Can you please suggest a solution to display the login button
(localized) correctly in the /src/webmail.php page?

If I could tweak the Login page, can you please suggest where I should
change (hardcode) the login button text manually?

Of course, we could create a custom Login page, but this is not
discussed here.

Please help,

On 6/4/2016 12:47 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> Can you please suggest a solution to display the login button
> (localized) correctly in the /src/webmail.php page?

Sorry, in the /src/login.php page!

On 6/4/2016 12:54 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> On 6/4/2016 12:47 μμ, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>
>> Can you please suggest a solution to display the login button
>> (localized) correctly in the /src/webmail.php page?
> Sorry, in the /src/login.php page!
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Hello,

I never received any reply on this issue. Has anyone faced this problem?
How do you correct it?

(Running SM 1.4.23 SVN on CentOS 6 with PHP 5.5.)

I appreciate any hints.

Thanks,
Nick