Different behavior for different users

Bernard T. Higonnet
Hello,

I have a small family (4 people) mail server with squirrelmail 1.4.22
installed.

When I look at my mail everything is fine.

When others look, some messages display perfectly well.

If a message will not display properly, the first error is

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in
/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/class/mime/Message.class.php on line 367

If the user returns to the message list and re-reads the same message
the first error shown is:

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
/usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/mime.php on line 1594

It would appear (on the basis of an admittedly small sample) that mails
received from my server (sent originally using Thunderbird, not
squirrelmail) can always be read properly. Messages sent from other
servers may or may provoke an error.

I am using FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE #0, Postfix 2.9.1, courier-imap-4.10.0,2
Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) PHP/5.5.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.12.4

TIA
Bernard Higonnet

Re: Different behavior for different users

Paul Lesniewski
On 9/3/14, Bernard T. Higonnet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a small family (4 people) mail server with squirrelmail 1.4.22
> installed.
>
> When I look at my mail everything is fine.
>
> When others look, some messages display perfectly well.
>
> If a message will not display properly, the first error is
>
> Warning: Creating default object from empty value in
> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/class/mime/Message.class.php on line 367

Check out the SquirrelMail front page for advice about using SM with
PHP 5.5.  You'll want to try installing a 1.4.23-SVN snapshot.

> If the user returns to the message list and re-reads the same message
> the first error shown is:
>
> Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
> /usr/local/www/squirrelmail/functions/mime.php on line 1594
>

> It would appear (on the basis of an admittedly small sample) that mails
> received from my server (sent originally using Thunderbird, not
> squirrelmail) can always be read properly. Messages sent from other
> servers may or may provoke an error.
>

> I am using FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE #0, Postfix 2.9.1, courier-imap-4.10.0,2
> Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) PHP/5.5.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.12.4

Re: Different behavior for different users

Bernard T. Higonnet
Hello,

That seems to have done it. Delay in responding is due to other task,
but mostly little use of the mail server...

Thanks again,
Bernard Higonnet