Deleting Emails From Deleted Messages

Alan Alger
Can anyone tell me if you can stop people deleting emails from their inbox then removing from deleted messages in a attempt to respond that they never received the email in the first place

Can we either stop them from removing from deleted messages or track that they actually deleted it

any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Alan Algeer

Re: Deleting Emails From Deleted Messages

Paul Lesniewski
On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Alan Alger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if you can stop people deleting emails from their inbox
> then removing from deleted messages in a attempt to respond that they never
> received the email in the first place
>
> Can we either stop them from removing from deleted messages or track that
> they actually deleted it
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated

Along with James' thoughts, you can tweak SquirrelMail to remove the
delete feature only from the trash folder.  You can also write a
custom logger that can build a database of deleted messages if that's
what you need.  If you do these things in SquirrelMail, you need to
ensure that no users can access their email stores using another
client.  It may be more reliable/robust if you seek a solution that
can be implemented in the IMAP server (or in the SMTP layer).  The
possibilities are endless, but the upshot is you'll need to be
comfortable enough to do some tweaking of your own.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user