About installing squirrel

Ziiweb.com
Hi,

I have installed a mail server using |sudo tasksel install mail-server|
(only two questions about proxy configuration were asked during
installation), then I have installed |squirrelmail| using |apt-get
install squirrelmail|. Then I have tried to access |squirrelmail| using
|my_vps_ip/squirrelmail| but I get a 404, any idea? Im on Ubuntu 12.04

php 5.5.9
apache 2.4.7

--

Javier García Pérez / Ingeniero Técnico de Telecomunicaciones
633 553 240/ [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

3sparks llc <http://www.ziiweb.com>

Ziiweb
Bulevar del Alto Tajo 23, bloque 2 3º E - 19005 Guadalajara
http://www.ziiweb.com

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/ziiweb> Twitter
<https://www.twitter.com/ziiweb> Google Plus
<https://plus.google.com/112907655669993461119> Linkedin
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/ziiweb> Skype <tirengarfio>

información privilegiada o confidencial. Si no es vd. el destinatario
indicado, queda notificado de que la utilización, divulgación y/o copia
sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. Si
ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos que nos lo comunique
inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: About installing squirrel

Paul Lesniewski
On Monday, March 3, 2014, Ziiweb.com <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed a mail server using |sudo tasksel install mail-server|
> (only two questions about proxy configuration were asked during
> installation), then I have installed |squirrelmail| using |apt-get
> install squirrelmail|. Then I have tried to access |squirrelmail| using
> |my_vps_ip/squirrelmail| but I get a 404, any idea? Im on Ubuntu 12.04

This is not a SquirrelMail question. You could inquire with Ubuntu/Debian
about where it gets installed on your server, but I'd try reading the docs
they provide first and just look for yourself.

> php 5.5.9
> apache 2.4.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: About installing squirrel

mick.crane

On Sat, March 8, 2014 5:53 pm, Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> On Monday, March 3, 2014, Ziiweb.com <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> I have installed a mail server using |sudo tasksel install
>> mail-server| (only two questions about proxy configuration were
>> asked during installation), then I have installed |squirrelmail|
>> using |apt-get install squirrelmail|. Then I have tried to access
>> |squirrelmail| using
>> |my_vps_ip/squirrelmail| but I get a 404, any idea? Im on Ubuntu
>> 12.04
>>

> This is not a SquirrelMail question. You could inquire with
> Ubuntu/Debian
> about where it gets installed on your server, but I'd try reading
> the docs they provide first and just look for yourself.
>

>> php 5.5.9 apache 2.4.
when things aren't working with my occasional installs I refer to this
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/TestInstallation
--
key ID: 0x4BFEBB31

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: About installing squirrel

w4iok-Chris
Paul,I had signed up to you're email a long time ago. Since then, my
interests have changed and I have no need for my account. I do not
have a password or even a username to access the account, so cannot
opt out.PLEASE, remove [hidden email] from ALL lists so I don't have
to send all of the messages to the spam folder.
You may contact me at 904-238-2809 if there are further
questions.Chris, [hidden email] ([hidden email])

On 3/8/2014 at 12:54 PM, "Paul Lesniewski"  wrote:On Monday, March 3,
2014, Ziiweb.com  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed a mail server using |sudo tasksel install
mail-server|
> (only two questions about proxy configuration were asked during
> installation), then I have installed |squirrelmail| using |apt-get
> install squirrelmail|. Then I have tried to access |squirrelmail|
using
> |my_vps_ip/squirrelmail| but I get a 404, any idea? Im on Ubuntu
12.04
This is not a SquirrelMail question. You could inquire with
Ubuntu/Debian
about where it gets installed on your server, but I'd try reading the
docs
they provide first and just look for yourself.
> php 5.5.9
> apache 2.4.

Subversion Kills Productivity. Get off Subversion & Make the Move to
Perforce.
With Perforce, you get hassle-free workflows. Merge that actually
works.
Faster operations. Version large binaries.  Built-in WAN optimization
and the
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

 It is only when we have the courage to face things exactly as they
are, without any self-deception on illusion,
          that a light will develop out of events, by which the path
to success may be recognized.
List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: About installing squirrel

keith_nab
On 3/3/2014 3:51 PM, Ziiweb.com wrote:
>  Then I have tried to access |squirrelmail| using
> |my_vps_ip/squirrelmail| but I get a 404, any idea? Im on Ubuntu 12.04

Sorry for the late reply.  I'd almost guarantee that where-ever squirrel
mail is getting installed is *not* in your default webmail folder that
apache accessing.

The default apache folder should be /var/www.  So your "squirrelmail"
folder should be in /var/www --- the same place where
index.html/index.php is being pulled from.

If you don't know where squirrelmail got installed, I'd probably just do
a "find / -name squirrelmail" and then move that folder over into
/var/www (or whatever that folder is called on the system that apache is
serving up for your website)

I know I'm being generic, but there's many different setups possible here.

Last but not least, you could do a "grep -R 404 /var/log/apache2/*.log"
and see where apache is looking for squirrelmail.  The folder just isn't
there -- put it there. :)

Hope this helps.
Keith

List address: [hidden email]