Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Jim Seymour-2
Hi All,

Suggest unmaintained plugins that no longer work with current
versions of SquirrelMail simply be removed, or at least a message
posted on their page indicating they're a waste of time.

In this particular case: I just spent better than an hour vainly
trying to get

    http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=117

working :/

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Ted Hatfield-2
It works well for me on

SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]

Ted Hatfield

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016, Jim Seymour wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Suggest unmaintained plugins that no longer work with current
> versions of SquirrelMail simply be removed, or at least a message
> posted on their page indicating they're a waste of time.
>
> In this particular case: I just spent better than an hour vainly
> trying to get
>
>    http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=117
>
> working :/
>
> Regards,
> Jim
> --
> Note: My mail server employs *very* aggressive anti-spam
> filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
> rejected, please accept my apologies and let me know via my
> web form at <http://jimsun.LinxNet.com/contact/scform.php>.

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Jim Seymour-2
On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 20:26:39 -0500 (CDT)
Ted Hatfield <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It works well for me on
>
> SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]
[snip]

Is there some kind of magic sauce I'm missing, then?

Even tried, as a web search suggested *might* work, the compatibility
"plugin."  No dice.

>From what I've read, that plugin is no longer compatible with SM,
even with the compatibility suite installed.

When I enable that plugin, *everything" under "Options" from the SM
interface disappears.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

"Tóth Attila"
2016.Július 31.(V) 17:44 időpontban Jim Seymour ezt írta:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 20:26:39 -0500 (CDT)
> Ted Hatfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It works well for me on
>>
>> SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]
> [snip]
>
> Is there some kind of magic sauce I'm missing, then?
>
> Even tried, as a web search suggested *might* work, the compatibility
> "plugin."  No dice.
>
>>From what I've read, that plugin is no longer compatible with SM,
> even with the compatibility suite installed.
>
> When I enable that plugin, *everything" under "Options" from the SM
> interface disappears.

Just to make sure: your are also using 1.4.23 [SVN] and not an outdated
1.4.22 install, right?

BR: Dw.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057

> Regards,
> Jim
> --
> Note: My mail server employs *very* aggressive anti-spam
> filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
> rejected, please accept my apologies and let me know via my
> web form at <http://jimsun.LinxNet.com/contact/scform.php>.

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Jim Seymour-2
On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 18:35:43 +0200
"Tóth Attila" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> Just to make sure: your are also using 1.4.23 [SVN] and not an
> outdated 1.4.22 install, right?

That's what it says...

$ dpkg -l |grep squirrel
ii  squirrelmail 2:1.4.23~svn20120406-2  all  Webmail for nuts

Login page also says "SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]"

Thanks,

2016.Július 31.(V) 19:20 időpontban Jim Seymour ezt írta:

> On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 18:35:43 +0200
> "Tóth Attila" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>
>> Just to make sure: your are also using 1.4.23 [SVN] and not an
>> outdated 1.4.22 install, right?
>
> That's what it says...
>
> $ dpkg -l |grep squirrel
> ii  squirrelmail 2:1.4.23~svn20120406-2  all  Webmail for nuts

Ahh. Although it says SVN, 2012 was 4 years ago. As a first step: I
suggest refreshing your squirrelmail install to a more recent SVN version
- preferably not older than a couple of months.

BR: Dw.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016, Jim Seymour wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 20:26:39 -0500 (CDT)
> Ted Hatfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It works well for me on
>>
>> SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]
> [snip]
>
> Is there some kind of magic sauce I'm missing, then?
>
> Even tried, as a web search suggested *might* work, the compatibility
> "plugin."  No dice.
>
>> From what I've read, that plugin is no longer compatible with SM,
> even with the compatibility suite installed.
>
> When I enable that plugin, *everything" under "Options" from the SM
> interface disappears.
>
> Regards,
> Jim
> --

Jim,

I have had issues in the past with plugins not working with each other.

Try removing all of the plugins except for the change pass plugin.

If it works with the other plugins removed then add them back in one at a
time until you find the offending plugin.

Ted Hatfield

On 2016年07月31日 08:44, Jim Seymour wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 20:26:39 -0500 (CDT)
> Ted Hatfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It works well for me on
>>
>> SquirrelMail version 1.4.23 [SVN]
> [snip]
>
> Is there some kind of magic sauce I'm missing, then?
>
> Even tried, as a web search suggested *might* work, the compatibility
> "plugin."  No dice.
>
>>From what I've read, that plugin is no longer compatible with SM,
> even with the compatibility suite installed.
>
> When I enable that plugin, *everything" under "Options" from the SM
> interface disappears.

https://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-11.html#ss11.1

Also, did you read and follow the requirements section in the README
file and all instructions in the INSTALL file?

You should also be aware that a re-written version of this plugin is
available by contacting me offlist.

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Jim Seymour-2
On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 21:19:53 +0200
"Tóth Attila" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> Ahh. Although it says SVN, 2012 was 4 years ago. As a first step: I
> suggest refreshing your squirrelmail install to a more recent SVN
> version
> - preferably not older than a couple of months.

This is a production server that I've installed for customers.  It's
meant to be turn-key (tho I may be contracted for on-going
maintenance and support).  As such: I'm disinclined to go outside the
standard distro environment for anything other than security reasons.

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Jim Seymour-2
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 02:03:14 -0500 (CDT)
Ted Hatfield <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> Jim,
>
> I have had issues in the past with plugins not working with each
> other.
>
> Try removing all of the plugins except for the change pass plugin.
[snip]

Thanks for the suggestion.  There was only one other plugin enabled,
the first time I tried it: view_as_html.  I since added
local_autorespond_forward.  Tried removing them both and adding
change_passwd.  Same thing: Everything under "Options" disappears.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Rich Hall
The order that the plugins are loaded also will matter..
-R

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Jim Seymour <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 02:03:14 -0500 (CDT)
> Ted Hatfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> > I have had issues in the past with plugins not working with each
> > other.
> >
> > Try removing all of the plugins except for the change pass plugin.
> [snip]
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  There was only one other plugin enabled,
> the first time I tried it: view_as_html.  I since added
> local_autorespond_forward.  Tried removing them both and adding
> change_passwd.  Same thing: Everything under "Options" disappears.
>
> Regards,
> Jim
> --
> Note: My mail server employs *very* aggressive anti-spam
> filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
> rejected, please accept my apologies and let me know via my
> web form at <http://jimsun.LinxNet.com/contact/scform.php>.

> ------------------
> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are
> planning reports. http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev
> List address: [hidden email]
> List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
> List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: Abandoned And No-Longer Functional Plugins

Jim Seymour-2
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 06:51:29 -0700
Paul Lesniewski <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> https://squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-11.html#ss11.1

Don't need that, as I have access to, and know how to read log
files :)

Here is the relevant error message:

    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function
    compatibility_check_plugin_setup()
    in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/change_passwd/functions.php on
    line 28, referer: <elided>

I tried addressing the error by changing
compatibility_check_plugin_setup() to check_plugin_setup()
in .../plugins/change_passwd/functions.php, but then, upon trying to
invoke Change Password from the Options menu, I got a blank page and

    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function sqgetGlobalVar()
    in /usr/share/squirrelmail/plugins/compatibility/includes/1.5.2/global.php
    on line 999, referer: <elided>

> Also, did you read and follow the requirements section in the README
> file and all instructions in the INSTALL file?

Indeed.  This isn't my first rodeo :)

> You should also be aware that a re-written version of this plugin is
> available by contacting me offlist.

Would you be so kind as to send it to me?

N.P.: Please dont' try to send it as a .zip file.  My mailserver
rejects .zip attachments out-of-hand as a security measure.  Any
other archiving method/compression is ok, or rename a .zip to .piz or
something.

I've whitelisted your sender address, but the content checks cannot
be bypassed.

Thanks,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user