2 simultaneous languages

Dave Dillabough
I'm running squirrelmail 1.4.22 on a Centos 6.3 system. My language is set
to English which works well for my day to day mail but I do get the
occasional Japanese email message which squirrelmail does not display
correctly. It looks like the character set is not being properly
recognized. Similarly any message that I compose in Japanese is also
mangled.

If I set the squirrelmail language to Japanese under Options->Languages
everything works fine so I don't think that the issue is with the
underlying system. Also other mail clients work OK with the same mailbox
so the text in the mailbox is OK. The issue is with Squirrelmail
interpreting the text incorrectly. I have tried multiple browsers with the
same result.

My question. Can Squirrelmail work in 2 languages simultaneously or do I
need to switch the interface language every time I want to read or compose
in Japanese?

I'm hoping that it is something simple that I have missed.

Thanks,

Dave

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: 2 simultaneous languages

Tomas Kuliavas
2013.11.27 07:32 Dave Dillabough rašė:

> I'm running squirrelmail 1.4.22 on a Centos 6.3 system. My language is set
> to English which works well for my day to day mail but I do get the
> occasional Japanese email message which squirrelmail does not display
> correctly. It looks like the character set is not being properly
> recognized. Similarly any message that I compose in Japanese is also
> mangled.
>
> If I set the squirrelmail language to Japanese under Options->Languages
> everything works fine so I don't think that the issue is with the
> underlying system. Also other mail clients work OK with the same mailbox
> so the text in the mailbox is OK. The issue is with Squirrelmail
> interpreting the text incorrectly. I have tried multiple browsers with the
> same result.

Switching to Japanese does not prove that nothing wrong with the system.
Japanese translation is in own ecosystem designed to work for Japanese.

> My question. Can Squirrelmail work in 2 languages simultaneously or do I
> need to switch the interface language every time I want to read or compose
> in Japanese?

Any interface in utf-8 charset AND additional decoding libraries (see
below) will work.

> I'm hoping that it is something simple that I have missed.

http://squirrelmail.org/download.php

Extra Decoding Library

SquirrelMail Webmail decoding functions are used to display and convert
messages encoded in different character sets. This extra decoding library
provides additional support for some complex Eastern and Apple x-mac
character sets.

List address: [hidden email]
List archives: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user

Re: SHIPMENT

David.Ellis
Dear owner, I am Mr. David Ellis, Head Officer-in-Charge, Administrative Service Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agency in Harts field-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered an abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 110kg each. The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned. By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $4M or more.They are still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like I said are two metal trunk boxes weighing about 110kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the consignment or allow us repatriate it back to UK (place of origin) as we were instructed. (REPLY TO THIS EMAIL : David.Ellis01@outlook.com ) As I did say again, the shipper abandoned it and ran away most importantly because he gave a false declaration, he could not pay for the yellow tag, he could not secure a valid non inspection document(s), etc. I am ready to assist you in any way I can for you to get back this packages provided you will also give me something out of it (financial gratification). You can either come in person, or you engage the services of a secure shipping/delivery Company/agent that will provide the necessary security that is required to deliver the package to your doorstep or the destination of your choice. I need all the guarantee that I can get from you before I can get involved in this project. Please Reply this email strictly to David.Ellis01@outlook.com Best Regards, Mr. David Ellis Head Officer-in-Charge Administrative Service Inspection Unit E-mail: David.Ellis01@outlook.com